In this post I’ll tell you How to set up an Ideal Coding Environment for Python on Windows, First of all lets see what is Python? According to wikipedia, Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language. Created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991, Python’s design philosophy emphasizes code readability with its notable use of significant whitespace.
You must have Python installed on your device and added to the PATH variable
Method #1 – Using IDLE editor
To set up the IDLE editor bundled with Python
- Open IDLE Python Editor
- Go to Options > Configure IDLE
- Configure the editor accodring to your needs
That’s it, no more hassles
Method #2 – Using other Text Editors
If you have already worked on other editors and want to use Python there, follow these steps :
P.s I will be using Visual Studio Code, the steps would be almost similar for most other editors
- Install Python Intellisense for the editor
- You can do this for VS Code here
- For added functionality, add Code Runner extension too
- This lets you run the code from VS Code itself, reducing time to test code
That is all you need to setup ideal code environments.
If you want configuration for any other code editor, comment and I will create another post explaining about it.