Many of you would be suffering from video tearing or a green screen while playing a MKV format video file on VLC Media Player
1st Method to Fix Issue While Playing MKV File
- Open VLC player
- Go to preferences in tools section
- Set show settings to ALL In bottom left corner
- Now scroll through input/codecs option and in that scroll down to advanced section –in that Set FILE CACHING TO 600(initially set to 300)
- And it’s done
- This was the first method
2nd Method to Fix Issue While Playing MKV File
- Go to Preferences-
- On The Top Toolbar Click On INPUT/ CODECS Option.
- Now In The First Column -Codec Settings.
- Change The Hardware Accelerated Decoding To Disabled Option ,If It Is Set By Default On Automatic.
- Now Click On Save At The Bottom
3>3rd Method to Fix Issue While Playing MKV File
- Go to Preferences,Select All In right corner bottom As In Previous Post.
- Go to Video CODECS– Then Double Tap On It A Drop Down Menu Appears
- In That Select FFmpeg Option
- In The FFmepeg –> in The Right Menu There Is A Option Named As = Threads
- By Default It Is Set To 0 Change It To –> 2 And Click Save
4th Met>4th Method to Fix Issue While Playing MKV File
- Change Video Output Module To Automatic.