Before Looking into the 5 alternative of WhatsApp let’s have a look into some background of social messaging service.
Messaging apps (a.k.a. “Social messaging” or “chat applications”) are apps and platforms that enable instant messaging. Many such apps have developed into broad platforms enabling status updates, chatbots, payments and conversational commerce (e-commerce via chat). They are normally centralised networks run by the servers of the platform’s operators, unlike peer-to-peer protocols like XMPP.
WhatsApp Messenger, or simply called WhatsApp, is an American message service and is currently owned by facebook inc. But it is not the only one option to choose from the market infact there exists dozens of other messaging apps which can be called alternative of WhatsApp and many of them solves the incapability / issues faced by WhatsApp users. Even some people and groups have started to shift into other options and here I am makeing you aware of these alternative of WhatsApp.
Some of the lacking points of WhatsApp
- WhatsApp’s enormous user base make it an obvious target for cybercriminals.
- As it is now under Facebook there is a very huge possibility of your data getting loged for analytics / financial purposes.
- Recent years has seen so many fake/inaccurate/misleading content being circulated through it.
- Even using end-to-end encryption , your data is backup-ed in cloud so again a potential security threat.
- Limit to adding of members in a group.
So well some o>So well some of the problems if not all are solved by the following 5 alternative of WhatsApp. Worth to check them out.as-large-font-size">1.Telegram
Telegram is known to be the best alternative of WhatsApp messenger. It is a cloud-based instant messaging and provides voice over IP service. Telegram claims to be more safer app than WhatsApp, they have optional end-to-end encryption and encrypted local storage for Secret Chats.
- Super group of peoples capacity up to 5000 peoples.
- Ability to share files upto 1.5 GB.
- Self destruct of messages.
- Easy integration of bots with telegram.
- Inbuilt payment option available.
Threema tries to address the user’s paranoia of their data vulnerability and unlike WhatsApp it is an independent Swiss company hosting its own servers in Switzerland. Their service also doesn’t require users to provide a phone number or any other personally identifiable information.
- Unique features like text formatting.
- Option to protect chats via password protection.
- Interface much similar to WhatsApp.
- Better option for privacy oriented peoples.
Viber is another much similar alternative of WhatsApp as an instant messaging service. Your phone calls to any other Viber user are free and the sound quality is much better than the regular call. It’s popularity is evident from the fact that it surpassed WhatsApp in Russia in 2016 and became most downloaded app in Ukraine in 2020.
- Appreciable quality of audio and instant video calls.
- Self destruct message feature availability.
- More tighter integration with your phone.
- Group chat supported upto 250 memebrs.
- Messages are end to end encrypted similar to WhatsApp.
Hike messenger has developed it’s identity of a sticker chat alternative of WhatsApp. Although Hike is available throughout the world yet it is more customized for the people of India.Some Features like hike2SMS work only within India.Also the stickers are designed for Indians only. But still it can be used throughout the world.
- Can run in slow connection.
- Higher attachment limit as compared to WhatsApp.
- News Browsing option available.
- Can accommodate upto 1000 memebrs.
- You can share uncompressed Images.
Yes we even included Discord on our list and why shouldn’t it be. Although there is yet to come an update for integration of contacts directly, you can still use it’s app on smartphone or Desktop for fast messaging / socializing and it gives a another kind of experience to users. There are tons of smart feature to explore and servers as another great alternative of WhatsApp.
- Supports video calls, voice chat, and text completely free as any other messaging app would do.
- Form / join a community of interesting people to chill out your time.
- You can implement your coding skills by developing bots out there.
- Easy sharing of Pictures/Links/Videos for a better experience.
- Go live or share screen with your friends.
Another interesting post : 5 Best Google Play Store alternatives
Some of the apps which weren’t included in the list but are worth mentioning.
- Google Hangouts
- Line etc.
So on ending note of our list of 5 best alternative of WhatsApp We want to know which one you will prefer the most or is WhatsApp good enough for you. Comment down below with your thoughts.
This content was brought to you to Entente senpai , for queries , feedbacks and complaints contact using [email protected]